Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flooding

All the flooding that's occurred in and around Tennessee has made me nostalgic. I'm originally from TN and spent more of my life there than not. Much of my family still live in TN as well as many friends. I grew up in West TN but also have lived in Nashville and Memphis.

Nashville is just not the kind of city that you expect to be flooded in this way! To me it's like saying, "Chicago just slid into the ocean!" The amount of rain they have had is just absurd. 75,000 inches or something. Okay, that's wrong I know. To see the water so high is just hard to fathom. I didn't mean "fathom" as a pun because it's a measurement of water although it is pretty punny.

It's a sad situation and we should all say a prayer for those folks.

Peace,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment