Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Characters

One of the favorite things about performing for me is getting the chance to create characters and voices. This summer I've committed to creating two brand new shows and I've decided to develop some new characters. Right now I'm planning on doing a lunch lady, a Canadian duck hunter, an Amish gentleman and even the Monopoly Man.

Jonathan Winters always said that he got bored before his audience did. I feel the same way. Lot's of performers create an act and then do that exact same act their entire careers. In a way, I envy that attitude because it certainly makes life easier. It just doesn't work for me though. I get burnt out easily when there is no challenge. In addition, my dinner show has a lot of regulars and I want them to feel there is something fresh in the show occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment